We had another wonderful day! We talked and explored many
new things. We discussed why people would want to leave their loved ones for a new country. How did the laws of immigration work then...........how does it differ now. Stories of peoples experinces during the vast migration. We went on to talk about Yom Kippur and the reasons for Yom Kippur.
In the Hebrew section we learned letters,vowels and sounds. We played letter and word games. (No Homework--Holiday)
Mini Course on Genealogy
We had fun learning something about themselves and some of there close relatives. We are putting together a book of life! The children seem to be very excited to learn about their links to the past.
Homework for next week:
10. Where was your father born?
11. Do you know where your father's mother was born?(your paternal grandmother).
12. What about your father's father? Where was he born?
13. What country did your fathers ancestors come from?
14. What part of the country did your father's ancestors come from?
Once again,I wish you a continued New Year filled with only good health, happiness and appreciation of your loved ones. Your children give me much JOY! Thanks for sharing them.