We have had another wonderful week of learning and sharing information. In our general class we learned about the colonial era of anti semitism in America. Jewish settlers were not interested in reestablishing a new way of life as many christians did. Jewish settlers wanted to continue the same way of life as they had known in Europe.In class we made a comparison of how we are similar and how wseareso different in our thinking of our forefathers. What caused the differences and similarities of our colonial forefathers.
Homework: Jewish Proverb to be discussed with parents.
"Don't look for more honor than your honor merits."
Reviewed the first 4 lines of Ein Ka Mocha. Learn new Hebrew letters and vowels. We connected letters and vowels to make simple words.
Hebrew Homework: Review first 4 lines of Ein Ka Mocha
Shared family stories and findings. Went over new questions and relevance to us. We are delving into our pasts slowly from one generation to another. Went over faily charts.
Genealogy Homework: Each childshould bring in a loose leaf binder
16. What are/were your grandmother's best qualities?
17. Does/did she have some special talents?
18. How important is/wasshe to you? Do you think shas/had any influence on you?
19. If your grandmother died do you know what she died of?
20. If she died do you know where sheis buried?
21. What kind of work does/did your grandfather do?
22. Will you describeyour grandfather? What does/did he look like
What kind of personality does/did he have? Did/doesheinfluence you in any way? How?
Once again I thank you for sharing your children with me! They are truly an inspiration for our future.